NEED A PLUMBER ON TIME EVERY TIME?
AMS plumbing available now for all your emergency plumbing needs.Contact Us
I wish to express my appreciation for your quick response to the heat pump project, very pleased with what you delivered for me in such a short space of time.Read More
August 29, 2017 at 8:08 am
Home owners in Australia often consider renovating their home at some point and time, usually to make allowances for growing families, to modernise and update the home, and to enhance its re-sale value. Home renovations can be an extensive, time consuming, expensive and stressful. Renovating requires thorough planning and investment of time, money, energy and resources. While renovating entails a variety of aspects, one of the fundamental and foundational features is getting the floor right! Making a decision on the type of flooring you wish to have in your home will involve consideration of a variety of factors such as your budget, size / area and colour scheme. Let’s look into how to go about choosing the right flooring for your home renovation.
- Wet areas – if new flooring will be installed in the bathroom(s), laundry or any area where there are high levels of moisture, you will need to choose materials such as concrete, ceramic, porcelain or vinyl tiles. Ensuring a matt or slip resistant finish is imperative.
- If you have pets or kids at home, your flooring material will need to be durable, resistant to wear and tear, and the right colour to help disguise messes and pet hair. Consider ceramic or porcelain tiles, laminate flooring, or solid hardwood flooring for living areas, and hard wearing / pet friendly carpets in the bedrooms.
- Cost per square metre is an important factor that will determine the type of flooring you can afford. If you are selling, sticking to neutral tones, plain large tiles and mid – range carpets, you will save money and appeal to most buyers. In any case, decide on your flooring budget upfront before you shop so you have an idea of what you can afford and you don’t get overwhelmed by too many choices.
- Homeowners who wish to install the flooring themselves to cut costs need to be careful. DIY floors can easily go wrong. Laminate and plank vinyl are the best options for a DIY Reno as they are easy to self-install. Tiles, carpet, solid hardwood or engineered wood flooring on the other hand is definitely best left to professionals to install.
- In terms of maintenance of the floors, resilient flooring materials such as tiles are great if you want something relatively low maintenance. Laminates are also a good option, whereas carpet or solid and engineered wood flooring require a little more TLC but definitely add aesthetic & monetary value to your home.
Are you considering renovating your home and need expert advice, contact our friendly and professional team at AMS Property Renovations on http://groupams.com/home-renovations/ to obtain a quote today!
Choosing the right flooring for your home renovation
Home owners in Australia often consider renovating ...Find Out More
How to save on your bathroom renovation
The family bathroom is not just a place to bathe, ...Find Out More
Planning your home renovation
So you've decided to renovate the family home. The ...Find Out More